Where do you source your herbs from?
All of the herbs that I use to create our products with are either grown in our garden, (without the use of any pesticides) sourced from farms using organic and sustainable farming techniques, or ethically wildcrafted with consideration for at-risk or endangered plant populations in the Midwestern United States - usually, but not always, from my property in the Missouri Ozarks, the ancestral land of the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo) Wazhazhe Maⁿzhaⁿ (Osage) and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux). I think about who my land once belonged to and try to respect the spirts and ancestors of the land as I make my harvests.
Any other items that need to be purchased to create products, like carrier oils, beeswax, and honey, come from organic farmers and small farms and producers in the United States. I try to buy local and within the state of Missouri, when possible All honey is locally sourced. Since we are a small business - we strive to support other small businesses!
I'm pregnant or nursing. Are your products safe for me?
I typically notate if a product is unsafe for pregnancy or use during lactation in the product description, but, please always check with your primary medical practitioner or healthcare provider before purchasing a product. Your situation may be different because we are not all the same!
Do you have a physical location?
Due to heavy overhead costs of owning a physical business, I don't currently have a shop location, and the shop and consultations are based online. I live in Kansas City, Missouri and create my products at my home as well as at a local FDA inspected kitchen for my internal products.
My products can be sold in your shop, however! Please note that since I create very small-batch items, I only vend with businesses instead of allowing wholesale accounts.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to carry my products on the "Contact" page.
Do you accept returns?
We do not accept returns on most items (an item will be marked with return information if we do for that particular item) and we do not refund orders that have been shipped. If you have a problem with your order, please contact me through the "Contact" page on this site.
What types of payment do you accept?
We only take credit card and debit card payments through PayPal and Stripe. No other payment types are accepted.
Do you ship outside of the United States?
We don't currently ship outside of the United States due to restrictions on some of the products that we make and regulations in shipment to other countries.
What charities do you support?
Currently I support three charities with proceeds of up to 5% of our business revenue. I would like to support more charities, but because of profit losses, I have selected five charities that I donate time, products, and money to when I can.
1. American Indian Services - Mission: to create programs and generate funding that will help Native Americans receive a quality education, while still preserving the culture and honoring the heritage of Native Americans. I donate a monetary donation of at least 1% of profits to the American Indian Services organization each year.
2. Free Hot Soup Kansas City - This Kansas City-based grassroots organization has volunteers that distribute food and other donations to the local homeless community in the Kansas City metro area. I donate food, herbal products, and other household items up to four times per year.
3. Herbalists Without Borders - I help with donations to the local Kansas City chapter as well as providing free herbal consultations.
4. Her Hands Holiday Market Annual Donation - I donate 10% of my profits from the Her Hands Holiday Market, which is held annually, to a local woman in need that we select from a list each year.
5. Kansas City Indian Center - I volunteer time in food pantry operations as well as donating food pantry and herbal items.
I also volunteer through my day job with AIBL - Indigenous Leadership, and other Native American charities and assistance programs throughout the year.
I am a leader in our Native American Network.
What is your commitment to the environment?
We use plant-based ingredients in order to lessen the impact of animal agriculture on the environment. All of our ingredients are sustainable and do not impact endangered or threatened plants or harm animal environments by their harvesting. We support small businesses with sustainable farming practices by purchasing product materials from them. Our products are biodegradable and are contained in easily reusable and recyclable containers, focusing primarily on glass, which can be recycled infinitely. We recycle 95% of our waste materials, either by reusing packaging materials or recycling directly.
For any other questions, please use the "Contact" page on the site. I am happy to assist you!